Monday, July 29, 2013

August Challenge

Here's the new challenge for August. July kicked my tail. I didn't make it to five miles or all the hills, but it kept me trying, so I'll keep working to get there. I've recently started Herbalife and I truly feel it has made a difference in the way I feel stronger, more energetic and recovery is shorter. My runs increased from 2 1/2 to 4.2 miles without stopping this past month. It was nice to see progress in the build and also in the shrinkage, just a little around the waistline, but I might find those six packs after all with the better nutrition.
3 exercises
to do for the challenge. Squat with shoulder fly - hold dumbbells and take arms out from side and up as far as you can go. Do that for set number or for time on specific days.
Lunge with overhead press - step out, press up, then back up and step out with other side. Do both legs for # of step outs.
Wide squat with Tricep kickback - spread feet just past shoulder width and turn feet out a little, holding arms in at side press weights (dumbbells) back until arm is straight but not hyperextended or locked.
Stay down in squat positions until all movements are completed.

No comments: